Sunday 14 December 2008

Holiday Season

Well, as you know it's the holidays. What does this mean? It means that we all run around with our heads chopped off! Yep, that's the truth. Find me one person who is completely calm and at ease and I'll faint from shock. I love Christmas, but I'm in a cynical mood right now.

So I finally got to page 71, I'm at midnight in the story...finally...and what happens? I get stuck. Arg, nothing more frustrating than that.....no, that's not true, what's frustrating is when my e-mail doesn't send the reply that I created. Now that's frustrating!

The problem with my book isn't that I can't think of where to go. It's how to express what my main character is feeling. I can't write much about what she's doing because she's tied to a chair and let's be honest, this is more about a mental journey than in a physical one (though there is some physical to it as well, okay a lot but at this moment in the story, we're going mental....LOL). So how do I write it convincingly? That, my friends, is the crux of it all.

Sigh, well I can't write much more than that today. We're planning to go get some Christmas shopping done, find presents for my mother-in-law then hang up our pictures around the house. Though, now that I think about it, I'm not really in the mood to get in the car and go anywhere. I'd rather stare at the computer and pretend that I'm doing something worthwhile. Did I mention that I also happen to get a bit lethargic in regards to normal activities around the Holidays? No? Well, I still probably shouldn't. VBG.

No comments: