Monday 8 June 2009

Sorrowful Passing

I just recently learned that one of my favorite authors, David Eddings, passed away due to natural causes. This is very significant to me because he's one of the few authors that actually inspired me when I was younger toward the genre of fantasy. Him and C.S. Lewis. I've read the Belgariad and the Mallorean Series too many times to count and pulled his book about the intricate details of the world for both series apart inch by inch, hoping to learn how to make a world just as rich as he did for the Golden Crown. He was my inspiration and my guide in many ways. Thinking about his passing and the fact that I will never again be able to snatch a new book of his off the shelves grieves me in a way that I can't fully explain.

Rest and be Merry David with your wife Leigh. While I never got to meet you in person, I still feel as if you were almost a part of my family and you will always be in my heart.

Jess

No comments: