Tuesday 16 March 2010

My baby is 3!

You know, when you initially plan to start a family... i.e. have kids.... you try to anticipate everything. You know you'll need to budget the kid(s) into your daily life, adjust for changed behaviors and maybe even sacrifice some old hobbies for any number of reasons. Then you weight that against the joy and love that having one or more kids will bring to your life. You do your best by them, you say to yourself "Please don't let me be as harsh as my Mother or Father was." Only to find out that the level of harshness you dealt with was actually pretty mild because you swear upon anything holy that your kids are much worse than you were.

But there is one thing you just don't expect. It's fully understandable why it would be forgotten as we're never entirely sure how much the kid(s) will affect you. It's that feeling of sadness when you know that your babies are growing up....*sob*

I have two kids (as if anyone reading this didn't know) and today is my son's birthday. Three years ago he was born and my eldest became a big sister and I became the mother of two. My husband finally got a son and I have to watch two of my babies grow up while realizing that I'll never get the younger ages back.

*SOB*

I'm happy and sad. I'm happy because both are becoming wonderful people that will be an absolute delight as they grow older (I hope), but I'm sad because that means that in 12 years my daughter will be out of the house and in 15 so will my son. Time goes by too fast, way too fast.

If I could I would freeze frame this moment right now and keep it forever.

Excuse me...I'm going to...SOB...enjoy my time with my kids!

1 comment: