Saturday 1 May 2010

Merry Beltane

It's coming to the end of May 1st, also known as May Day to others, but Beltane to me. Sadly I wasn't exactly able to do the ceremony like I wanted to due to it just being me and the kids. But I honored Beltane through decorations and some meditation. Plus the last couple nights I've had inspirations left in a nifty notebook by my bed.

With the coming of Summer, the passing of Spring, it is time to look at new ideas, new concepts. For me that means a full on workout system that should start showing results in a month, plus a new brand of spring cleaning. *Gasp* I'm attempting to be rid of clutter. My mother would faint since I'm one of those kids that was always told "Clean up this mess!" Why the change, because in the drive to be one with the Divine I've looked at my life and realized YIKES, I'm great at the study, but application through my own life. You know, walking the walk and talking the talk. I got the talk, don't have the walk. Walk into my house and you'll see proof.

So I'm putting the books to the side....sort of to the side. I Can't seem to avoid looking and reading snippets, taking notes and thinking (I never stop thinking by the way). But I'm going to try and change how I go about living before I expand the mind at a faster pace. For once I'm working on the physical first and the mind second. To do this my lovely husband said Yes, buy a treadmill. I found a cheap one the only problem is that the belt is moving to the left and won't let me fix it...yet.

Sigh, I hate it when things don't work out exactly as I want it when I want it.

One other note, my darling Raven is always encouraging. She came running up to me and said, "Mom, will you get on the treadmill to loose weight right now?" Little darling that she is. How can I fail with my kids looking at me with those brown eyes of their father that say "You can do anything Mom. Even lift the world."? I can't and I thank the Lord and Lady for giving them to me. Oh and I thank Ike too btw :)

No comments: